The Ice Scoop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ice Scoop

For sharing information about ice fishing at Flaming Gorge Reservoir and Boysen Reservoir.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ice fishing for bows

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ice fishing for bows Empty ice fishing for bows Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:07 am

theicehole

Well we got off to a great start this year! Me and three buddies headed to the gorge yesterday(12/16/11) and had the best day of rainbow fishing in a long time,we weren't on the ice for more than five minutes and had our first fish iced and it just got better from there.We hit the ice around 8:15am or so and were limited out by 11:30am. We were a little selective in size so we were throwing back the smaller ones and focused on the 3lbs and up. All in all we ended up with a few that were 18 to22in. and even landed two macs. Although the macs did not have any great size to them I am sure they will smoke up pretty tasty! OK,down to the reason I started this sight, I know there are other sights out there for ice fishing but it seems to me people want to brag more than they want to share, so I invite anyone to join my forum but ask I one thing, I would love to hear your stories(after all that is what fishing is mostly about)but I would really like to hear about conditions of the weather, ice, water, area, etc. I am not asking for the location of your honey hole, just give a broad location so the rest of us can get an idea of how safe conditions are before making decisions on where we want to go fish. Now if you want to let the rest of us in on the type of bait or the depth you were fishing at, that's up to you, I feel I can locate and catch fish on my own but there are some out there that just don't have the luck others do so I am sure they will gladly accept the help, after all that is what this is all about, helping out our fellow fisherperson so everybody can enjoy this sport we call icefishing. Now for my first report,we were fishing in the sage creek area on the west side of the lake and the ice was an impressive 8" thick and crystal clear, the water was clear also with visibility down to about 12' to 15' without a hut, the weather could not have been better for a late December day. We were in about 12' to 20' of water and caught fish on just about everything we put down the holes. We were using everything from nightcrawlers to spoons and mealworms to tube jigs. I hope this helps the ones who need it and entertains the ones who don't. Good luck and good fishing!!!!!!

The Icehole

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum